Monday, May 30, 2011

First Dress

There are many wonderful women that have blessed my life,
 one way or another that sew. I have been blessed with a mom that is extremely talented with everything she touches, she is always here to give advice and help me fix whatever i mess up. My grandmother (mom's mom) even though i wish she was here to share her wisdom with me herself, i get a lot of it through my mom and also her old sewing machine a Bernina that was quite special in her day and is still extremely helpful and useful in mine. Also my Nana who left her stashes of wonderful fabric that i appreciate being able to sort through and find something to make a treasure out of every time. This project was originally hers.

I found this dress already pinned and cut out in one of my Nana's old sewing boxes. Not typically the kind of thing that i would be attracted to i passed it by for a while, until i figured that i was too worried about messing up a planed project that i decided it might be good for a try.





So yes this is not quite a 'me' style and um well remind me too much of the 90s, but none the less i conquered!









I also was able to learn a lot as a sewer. I made button holes, buttons, lace, pockets, and bias tape all for the first time! Plus i made the bias tape with my awesome bias tape maker. It was also my first time making a shirt color and button casing, which i am quite pleased with. So all in all not too bad of a project:)
The finished dress

No comments:

Post a Comment