Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BLOOMERS!

Okay so I still have bunches of projects to post about that I have already/recently completed. BUT yesterday I finished practically my favorite project i have ever made! Reading through sewretro.blogspot.com hopeful to find a pattern for shorts, I stumbled across a pattern for bloomers. They were so ridiculously cute I couldn't pass it up, plus I wanted to make some pajama shorts so I figured they could easily double. I am rather satisfied with how they turned out and would definitely use the pattern again with a few minor adjustments. I used black and white checkered fabric (one of my favorite fabric designs) that was thin and ruffled really easily that I found in an old fabric stash of my Nana's. I loved making these so much and I would like to try using this pattern for swim suit bottoms. In total this project took me about 10 hours (with a few interruptions).

 Front

Back

2 comments:

  1. That's talent. Bloomers. Of course you would find something brilliant to sew! I've been touching up my prom dress I had made in the Philippines, and was completely overwhelmed with the straps today. You obviously have more ability to do this type of work than I do.. and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh dear if you only new:) i have come to find that patience is not something that most are gifted with but that must be practiced. Thank you and actually i'm not very confident sewing yet...i'm working on it.

    You had your dress made in the Philippines!?! that is fantastic! i want to see it!

    ReplyDelete