Saturday, April 23, 2011

Purple Slouchy Hay

Random piece of information: My favorite things to knit are HATS!! 
Knitting hats are so wonderful because you can try whatever kind of pattern or yarn or new needles without having to commit to 200 hours just to find out that you really hate the pattern or yarn or new needles. Hats are simple and quick. Even when you do 7-8 stitches per inch it still doesn't take a very long time. This hat only took me a couple hours and I thoroughly enjoyed making it because 1) i used new needles (U-nit Bamboo size 7-not my  favorite but cheap and got the job done) 2) this is the first hat that I have made without a pattern (yes all by myself and my cunning execution) 3) the yarn I used was absolutly fantastic, i never got sick of feeling it or looking at it (Loops & Threads-Santa Fe striped roving, best part: MACHINE WASHABLE & DRY-ABLE) So this was by far my favorite knitted project ever completed and i hope to make another similar with grayish yarn.  Again this hat went to my sister (most of my wearable creations do) hopefully i can get a picture with it modeled to show how wonderful it looks on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment